Most Popular Chamber?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know which Hyperchamber (ie. Country) is the most frequented by divers in the World...just curious.

My guess is either southern Florida (for the number of divers in the area) or a city on the Mediteranean, where they usually dive air to depths of 180-200 feet.

Plenty of divers going deep or deeper than they should. And plenty of those divers are a bunch of hack, once a year dive trippers. Had heard some fairly serious figures on the number of incidents down there per year but can't recall the figure or source.

DSDO

Alan

I don't know about the world, but in the U.S. I have heard Mercy hospital in Miami and/or Mariner's hospital in Tavernier Key treat the most divers in the U.S.

I do not know about numbers, but Roatan Honduras must be close to the top of the list. They have two chambers on the island and every time I have been there (several) there were lots of people being treated. Usually, it is the locals diving for lobster and breaking ALL of the rules. Too deep, too long, too many, fast ascents, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom