Most comfy bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I did my AOW with the rental aqualung wave n gotten blister around my shoulder.
So i need advises to buy first bcd with comfort being no 1.
Ty

Were you wearing a wetsuit, rash guard or just bare skin?

Impossible to answer. Rent more, or buy used and take a small risk. It’s not much use trying them on in the store, it’s a whole different fit in the water.

Perhaps it was too small for you or the shoulder straps were pulled too tight?

I'm not trying to talk you into that bcd. I'm just asking questions and discussing what could have caused the problem.

How are you built? Are you a very muscular person? Or tall and lean? Or big around the top?

Do you remember what kind of bcd you used for your open water?

A Wave is an entry level Jacket BCD - targeted at least partially to rental fleets - as was your case. So the fabric might be stiffer than some for durability. Also being a jacket, adding air makes it compress around your body. You might want to try on back-inflate models instead as they don't do that.

The most comfortable BC I've owned is a Zeagle. It has a lumbar pad option that makes it softer on your back and if the tank isn't real tight, keeps the bottom from slamming into your spine when you jump. Zeagle's fabric is a high denier so it's a little rough though - although I dive in a t-shirt with no problems.

If you like Aqualung, try some of their better models.

Thanks for all the reply.
I think I'm an average size asian man,
I don't think the bcd was to small, I had to manually pull the straps tighter underwater bcos it keeps slipping of my shoulder during the first water jump.

Oh! Perhaps it was too big for you!

Where will you go to buy a bcd?

A Wave is an entry level Jacket BCD - targeted at least partially to rental fleets - as was your case. So the fabric might be stiffer than some for durability. Also being a jacket, adding air makes it compress around your body. You might want to try on back-inflate models instead as they don't do that

If you like Aqualung, try some of their better models.

I really like to try all the different type of BC but as I'm renting it, I don't really have much power, I used what available on the spot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom