Morro Bay 4/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Water was still cold in the bay today, 51F.

Flabellina trilineata:

trilineata-1.jpg

Barnacle with horseneck clam siphons:

barnacle-1.jpg

Tailing pair of Acanthadoris lutea:

2puffs1.jpg

One-spot fringehead Neoclinus uninotatus:

fringehead-1.jpg

California state flower:

Topside_4-17-07_002.jpg

parabolic:
Water was still cold in the bay today, 51F.

Flabellina trilineata:

trilineata-1.jpg

Barnacle with horseneck clam siphons:

barnacle-1.jpg

Tailing pair of Acanthadoris lutea:

2puffs1.jpg

One-spot fringehead Neoclinus uninotatus:

fringehead-1.jpg

California state flower:

Topside_4-17-07_002.jpg
LOL! I wasn't reading the titles on your photos and then I came on the last one and I thought wow! I've never seen that underwater.

Beautiful shots, Ken! We had 48 in Monterey Bay last Saturday. It's been 52 or below for four straight weeks. Picked up a drysuit on E-Bay, so when I get the leaky air valve fixed so my chest doesn't get wet we'll see if that keeps me from shivering on my safety stop.

Thanks Larry and Leesa. midwestdvr, I wasn't trying to trick you with the poppy, just keeping you alert :). Larry the drysuit will change your life. What kind did you get?

++Ken++

Northern Diver, 4mil crushed Neoprene Divemaster, with built in boots and neoprene seals.
Kind of a pain to get into, and a bit bouyant at the feet, but seems to be quite warm.

Larry C:
Northern Diver, 4mil crushed Neoprene Divemaster, with built in boots and neoprene seals.
Kind of a pain to get into, and a bit bouyant at the feet, but seems to be quite warm.

I have heard good things about that suit. I used a crushed neoprene suit (DUI CF200) for about 20 years and really liked it until it simply gave up and quit working (three or four zippers, several sets of neoprene seals). Now I use the DUI TLS350 with the ZipLock seals, it doesn't seem as durable but it is a lot more comfortable and easier to get into/out of. Best thing about it is the DUI Polartec skivvies, very warm and the stuff just doesn't seem to get wet. The foot bouyancy can be handled with ankle weights of course but I sense they are kind of frowned on now. Good luck, ++Ken++

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom