Morrison Springs, topside on a flooded day(today)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Morrison5_15_6.jpg

Morrison5_15_62.jpg

Yep, still dove it and had a blast! :D

Wow, what a mudhole. I haven't seen it that flooded for a long while. So where's the story?

well, not sure I can give as good a report as you folks, but I did meet up with Mat, and we made two dives. I wrote this report that I posted in another thread.....

It was a great dive. The surface water was muddy, it thinned to a weak tea color further down. As we dropped into the basin we lost light completely. Then we penetrated the column of clear spring water, and everything was turquiose. Decending deeper, we entered the cavern, and it opened up into a basketball court sized room. We saw eels and catfish, as well as some very interesting rock formations. We dropped to about 90 feet (his gauge read 93 at his deepest, and I had 89 ffw). We explored the different levels of the cavern, at 2000 psi we started heading upward. After exiting the main cavern, there is an offshoot cubby cavern at about 40 ffw. We did a "safety stop" there. Then finished the dive with a liesurely swim back to the entry point through the murk.

We copied that dive with fresh tanks after a short surface interval. I am certainly bringing the camera next time I go there.

Thanks for the rest of the story :D.
I found SBM's account in the conch forum too.

Its that deep in the main cavern. OW will get you to about ~50'. Come on out, the water's fi... well wet?!

Back
Top Bottom