Morrison dive and pic experiment 10/5/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last week the river level predictions were below 6' and the "official site" reported clear water on the 1st so I made plans to go and do some more picture experiments Monday or Tuesday. The rains set in on Sunday and Monday morning and the river prediction was having it go above 6' by Tuesday when I checked it this morning. The rain did stop so I decided if I was ever going to get a clear water dive in it had to be today. I got to the spring and one diver was gearing up. He was out of the water shortly after I set up on the platform to conduct my experiments. I had the pool all to myself until I exited after about an hour later. I got my wish for clear water and I was able to dial in the right focal length. I also tried out the new tripod - still a cheapo and you can tell it by the wobble at the neck. I think it will last long enough to accomplish our cavern work. Moving and setting up the camera is quite a chore. I tried to set up in the muck on the far side of the basin but it sank so far in that I stirred up silt every time I tried to take a picture. I did get a couple shots by placing the tripod in a grass bed and floating upside down as I squeezed off the shot. I used the self timer to minimize wobble so I decided to get in some of the pictures:

m1-3.jpg

m2-2.jpg

m3-1.jpg

m4-1.jpg

Seayoda,

I was the other diver at Morrison today. If I knew you were a diver I would have said hi on the surface but I thought, another person diving solo, nah. I was also in route from PCola to Tally, and rushing to make it in time for class...no time for chat. Nice camera setup, btw. Did you by any chance snap any of me?

The pictures look great! What camera are you using?

... Did you by any chance snap any of me?

Sorry I missed meeting you.

I was just getting set up for the experiments when I noticed you were gone. No pics of you - not even a bubble trail :) .

... What camera are you using?

I'm using an Olympus E-330 in an Ikelite housing.

Those look really nice. Different view of morrison then what we usually see in pics.

What is sad to me is how barren Morrison looks this year. Just a nasty mung layer on the bottom, relalatively no grass and plants like it used to have.....and because of that, very few fish. Hopefully it will bounce back next year.

Yoda I will PM you about getting a date to get in the cavern and start experimenting with our strobes.

Those look really nice. Different view of morrison then what we usually see in pics.

Focus looks great SeaYoda, looking forward to some cavern pics! :D

What is sad to me is how barren Morrison looks this year. Just a nasty mung layer on the bottom, relalatively no grass and plants like it used to have.....and because of that, very few fish. Hopefully it will bounce back next year.

Yoda I will PM you about getting a date to get in the cavern and start experimenting with our strobes.

is it just me, or does it look like the Morrison basin got dredged in the past year?

Oh you were shooting pictures of yourself. Didn't recognize SeaYoda with the hood on!:D

Back
Top Bottom