Morph 1000 Battery Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What are the specs on the battery pack in the Morph 1000. Is it a single 2600mAh 3.7v cell?

qty 4 of 18650's

qty 4 of 18650's

Oh I was soooo hoping you'd say that. My confusion was that Dive Gear Expresses website listed 10 aHr but didn't say voltage or how many cells. Down below the list the 18650 as the "battery" .

I tried to save you the long back story and ask the point direct question. I think this light will work nicely for me.

The light's really a sleeper. I didn't even reconize how great a light it was when I decided to bring it in. In particular the video head...

Waiting for the lights to arrive, tapping my toe, counting to 20.

Got mine the other day love it :)

Is the battery canister user maintainable?
The reason I ask is that all rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge cycles, so eventually the 4 cells will have to be replaced (way off in the future of course :wink: )

Cheers,
CD

Got mine the other day love it :)

Is the battery canister user maintainable?
The reason I ask is that all rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge cycles, so eventually the 4 cells will have to be replaced (way off in the future of course :wink: )

Cheers,
CD

The battery canister is not user serviceable, it is in fact a sealed unit. We tried to keep this light as cost effective as possible knowing that lighting and battery technologies are changing so fast that by the time the batteries give out we will likely be able to offer a pack with 2-5 times the power/burn time for the same or less as what it would cost to make the batteries serviceable.

What is the burn time with dual video heads??

Well assuming both lights are consuming the same amount of current then with a burn time of up to 5 hours with a single head:

5 Hours/2 = 2.5 Hours let just assume the batteries aren't in ideal condition and call it ~2 hours.

Hopefully that answers your question.

What about the input voltages on the battery charger-will it work with a range of voltages - i.e. 120- 220 like a laptop charger?

Back
Top Bottom