Morocco diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JenMinu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone have any experience diving in Morocco? And/or any experience along the coastline specifically? After DMT, my sister and I were looking to relocate and try new experiences. Thank you!

Since nobody answered I will report the rumors I heard here in Italy...
Forget about it...
Morocco is good for kite surfing, wind surfing and octopus salad
As for diving, people say it's much better to go to the Red Sea or as a second choice to the Canary Islands
There is a town called Essaouira where some people go diving, but the dives are not comparable to Red Sea/Canaries and also quite difficult the place has always strong wind and strong currents
Never been there though and I might be missing something, someone else perhaps has good news for you

I work with several Moroccans. One of whom dives here in Qatar. He also states there is no established dive industry and less than great water, very deep very fast, and currents.

Safari and diving are still difficult to combine, but there are still several countries where this is possible. For example, Mozambique, where there is an amazing sea with many inhabitants, the sunken ships of Portuguese sailors and delicious seafood. At the same time, inland dense savannah with its inhabitants. You will need to to travel around the cities, as security is not very good for a white tourist in Mozambique. I advise you not to save on transport for your own peace and security.

Does anyone have any experience diving in Morocco? And/or any experience along the coastline specifically? After DMT, my sister and I were looking to relocate and try new experiences. Thank y
I´m aware theat i´m answering on an almost 4 years old thread but any way :). From my experience in the northern coast of Morocco i can just tell you that diving those waters is similar to any other Mediterranean country. Malta, Greece... . It´s definitely not the red sea but still very divebale with clear visibility and a lot of undersea life. Several local dive clubs have established there business in the Tangier- Tetouane area.

Back
Top Bottom