More privacy issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gangrel441

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got this email today from a friend...names have been removed to protect the innocent....
----------------------------------------------------
Fellow Americans,

Thank's to so-called "homeland security" our civil liberties have been eroded yet another notch. Now, anyone with a driver's license is in an online database, which is accessible via anyone with a web browser. It should be available, at most, to only authorized law enforcement personnel, but here it is. Widespread invasion of privacy!

I entered my data, and it eventually showed me my driver's license. There is a box there allowing you to opt out of the public portion of the database, and I clicked mine to opt out. I think the default should be non-public unless you opt IN.

Some states are holding up the process, but soon everyone will be here.

Way to go administration!

http://www.license.shorturl.com/

This has nothing to do with the government. shorturl.com is a redirect service used to let people create short names that like to outer URLs.

Also, it's down.

Terry

gangrel441:
Just got this email today from a friend...names have been removed to protect the innocent....
----------------------------------------------------
Fellow Americans,

Thank's to so-called "homeland security" our civil liberties have been eroded yet another notch. Now, anyone with a driver's license is in an online database, which is accessible via anyone with a web browser. It should be available, at most, to only authorized law enforcement personnel, but here it is. Widespread invasion of privacy!

I entered my data, and it eventually showed me my driver's license. There is a box there allowing you to opt out of the public portion of the database, and I clicked mine to opt out. I think the default should be non-public unless you opt IN.

Some states are holding up the process, but soon everyone will be here.

Way to go administration!

http://www.license.shorturl.com/

Web Monkey:
This has nothing to do with the government. shorturl.com is a redirect service used to let people create short names that like to outer URLs.

Also, it's down.

Terry

I checked and it looked like they had your picture!!

Well, It gave it a try and the picture I got was identical to the person I know.

AKA move it to the humor section.

ahh...but moving this to humor would take all of the humor out of it....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom