More Ogden Point (Victoria) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow -- The color on that vermilion rockfish is fantastic, and the tiger, too. I haven't seen a tiger yet, and they're on my list with a China rockfish for things I'd really like to get to see.

Why is the wolf eel so sociable? Do people feed her? We have one site down here where they come out like that, but it's because they've been fed.

I always enjoy your pictures. Thanks for posting them.

I've never fed that female wolf eel at the end, but somebody must. That's the only reason I've seen them chase divers around. I've never seen a China rockfish either. There might be some in the Strait of Juan de Fuca/Race rocks area, but I don't get out there too often.

If you get up to Barkley Sound you will see China Rock fish. Quite dramatic.

Thanks for posting, I too like to see your stuff.

Under your heading Ogden Point wolf eels there's one picture with an octopus and an eel. What was going on there?

Skookumchuck:
Under your heading Ogden Point wolf eels there's one picture with an octopus and an eel. What was going on there?

Looks like the octopus having lunch.

Yeah, it was an octopus eating a wolfeel. That was probably the biggest octopus I've ever seen. I don't think the octopus killed it though. There used to be a single male that was always swimming around in the open. I never saw him in a den. One day I heard in the shop that a fisherman caught a wolf eel out there, freaked out, clubbed it and threw it back in. I never saw that wolfeel again so it must have been the same one. It was in the same area as the one being eaten by the octopus.

Seamonster01 posted a youtube link in his Hornby Isl. sealion post that also brings up a piece of video from Seattle aquarium of an octopus attacking a dogfish!

Back
Top Bottom