More GBR and Tokina 10-17 samples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a lot of interest in the Tokina 10-17 lens and for good reason. I spent a solid week playing with lens every day and love it. It is quick to focus, takes sharp picks and will close focus. Given we had great conditions but I will get it out this weekend in the emerald green seas of Seattle and see how it does. ISO vary because I tried a function on the D200 that allows you to set the ISO in a Range which I set to 100-400. Seem to work pretty well.

A few samples (Strobes are Inon 2xD2000ws

1/125, f.7.1, ISO220, @10mm, Strobes Full
lh1.jpg

1/125, f.10, ISO 400, @10mm Strobes 3/4
fwall.jpg

1/80, f.9, ISO 100, @17mm, Strobes (?)
fclamclam.jpg

1/100, f9, ISO 200, @ 17mm, Strobes 1/4
cod2.jpg

I like that lens, it looks sharp enough, are you post processing abunch?

Does the zoom work easily?

caymaniac:
Does the zoom work easily?

As long as you have a zoom gear... (most housing companies have been coming out with a specific zoom gear just for this lens as it's becoming so popular...). Nexus has even come out with a extremely compact dome just for this lens. Saw it the Bangkok ADEX show, the thing is tiny! Would make a great travel kit.

Nice shots mjh! Love em all, but the first and last are my favorites. Just shows how flexible this lens is!

It was a snug fit getting it on the lens but once on it worked great. Aquatica has really improved the function of the housing from the D100 model.

Back
Top Bottom