more dives at LCBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
This post is for anyone who has been to the Little Cayman Beach Resort .......

Wife and I are scheduled to arrive on August 1st for 10 days...It is our first visit to LC. Our package says its is for 3 one tank dives per day. Three is a nice number, but we were curious if a fourth dive per day would be possible if we were willing to pay extra. We just finished a week on the Aqua Cat and we decided that three dives a day..... was just not enough!

Logistically, would it be possilbe.... the way they set up there dive schedule????

Phil

I stayed at the Southern Cross Club in Little Cayman. Rarely would they offer 2-tank in the afternoon. They do 2 in the AM, bring you back for lunch, and then 1 in the PM. What they might offer is an afternoon and a night dive. It all has to do with scheduling meals, etc. Sometimes they would offer 3 or 4 tanks with a picnic lunch, so you don't waste the time coming back to the resort to eat. It may depend on how crowded the resort is at the time. Plus, the weather can pick up in the afternoon making for some really bumpy boat rides!

I think you will be happy with the 3 dives a day. They are nice long dives... :) Have a wonderful time in LC -- I will be there again for a short time from July 16 - 20 and can't wait!

sapphire

You may get them to do an occasional night dive given enough interested customers, but I wouldn't count on a 4th dive in the afternoon.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

When we were at LCBR it was two-tank am followed by a one tank pm. There was also a night dive whenever they had enough divers. I have a theory that if you are willing to pay they will do whatever you want within the safety limits. This theory has never been disproven.

I've been there 4 times. As I recall they usually had one night a week that was a sort of scheduled night dive - they still needed enough divers, and you paid, but that trip tended to go. Even though they'd go other nights if they had enough people (6?), that didn't seem to happen often. In the morning we'd all be gung ho for a night dive, but after 3 dives, boat trips, sun, lots of food, etc. - crashing started to sound really good and too many people would bag.

It was different back when Molly the Manta was around - people were much more inspired to go out on night dives!

I've been there 4 times myself. They are pretty firm with the 3 dive policy. There are restrictions on the number of dives that are allowed each day in the marine park.
Logistically it would be difficult unless the entire boat was in on it.

I am sure that you will enjoy the resort. Try to get on Ron's boat, if he's still there. We had a lot of fun with him.

Except for when Molly was out, they've always done their night dives on the south side of the island, not too far away from the hotel, rather than going around to the park. At least that how it's been for us. So park restrictions are not an issue. No problem going out an extra night if there's enough paying people (and willing crew.)

There's a small wreck nearby they tend to do at night (do wish they would choose some other night sites, seems like plenty of places on south would make nice night dives.)

Back
Top Bottom