More dive software help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dc3john

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys and girls, I read the thread here but I think I have some more specific questions.

I have been using a mares icon hd for sometime as my primary computer. I have a sherwood wisdom 3 as a back up. I recently moved up to the Shearwater Petrel 2 for computing and plan on keeping my sherwood as a backup along with some gauges.

I have previously used macdive for all of my needs but mac dive cannot accommodate my petrel via bluetooth. I am also frustrated with macdive creating updates that cause my system to not work. Then I have to email support and get a beta patch.

I am looking for a all in one software that will allow the bluetooth connection and also allow me to add in all of my old dive from the mares icon and sherwood. Essentially, I want a one stop do everything. Maybe it's out there, maybe you can help me.

A note on my computing, I use macbook at home but swear by android phones.

BTW the icon hd (net ready) will be for sale shortly if you are interested. Any help that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You should be able to connect your petrel to mac dive. Both my petrel and predator work just fine with macdive. Have you tried removing the petral from the blue tooth menu on you mac then re-synching. For some reason it doesn't let you reconnect after it has been disconnected it has to be treated like a new petral.

You should be able to connect your petrel to mac dive. Both my petrel and predator work just fine with macdive. Have you tried removing the petral from the blue tooth menu on you mac then re-synching. For some reason it doesn't let you reconnect after it has been disconnected it has to be treated like a new petral.
No, I didn't know I could do that. I don't see any sort of interface to accept the Bluetooth. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 21st, 2015 at 12:04 PM ----------

This did work, I didn't realize that macdive had the bluetooth capability to receive the data. Thanks so much for you help!

No worries that tried me up for a while. Its an issue with the mac blue tooth software and I don't think apple is in a hurry to fix it.

As abscuba noted, MacDive should be able to download your Petrel 2 via bluetooth no problem.

Just FYI though, Dive Log for iOS also runs on devices other than phones such as iPad's and iPod Touches etc. So if you have an iOS device that has Bluetooth LE on it, you can use it to download your Petrel 2 directly to your iOS device. Many people with Android phones also use some other form of iOS device if they are Mac based on the desktop. The important part is that it has to have the *LE* Bluetooth. MacDive will sync with Dive Log too.

Janice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom