Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisacats

Reaction score
Anyone interested in diving this weekend, 6/8 or 6/9 in Monterey? I'd be happy to drive down from the Bay Area. I'm especially interested in getting a night dive in now that I have a dive light.
Any takers?
Lisa

I wish I could. I have never done a cold water dive and am hoping to get down there next month. I am planning on going through Monterey Bay Dive Center for a guided dive since it will be my first time. Any suggestions/comments?
Hope you found someone to go with,
Bill

wch,

Talk to 'H' or Brenda at Aquarius Dive Shop in Monterey - I've done guided dives through them before when I first started diving in Monterey - they have some good staff on board.

Ben

Lisa,

Wish I had been able to check email while I was away. I would have taken you up on the offer as I was in San Fran this past week and just left. Was hoping to get some diving in but did the winery tours instead. It was a perfect weekend for it - the weather was gorgeous!

Maybe next time!

Sandy

Hi Lisa,

I don't know if you were able to make it to Monterey or not, but if you didn't, you didn't miss much. I thought I was going to be on-call during the weekend, but I found out last minute that some one else took on-call and I was able to go diving.

Our first dive was at Lover's Point. It was a little windy with some wave action going on. The water was at 52F, very surgy and visibility was between 5 to 8 feet at best. The surge kept turning us around, it seemed that every time I looked at my compass, I was heading on a different direction, but luckily we ended up not too far from the beach.

Our second dive wast at Breakwater where condition were about the same so we dicided to just practice some navigation skills.

I did hear reports that Point Lobos had visibility raging from 30 to 60 feet outside Whaler Cove, but ofcourse, we didn't have reservations to get into the park, so we got stuck with the low vis sites. Oh Well!!!

Write me when you have a chance. I live in SF and like to get down to Monterey whenever I can. Recently, I've been going about twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom