Monterey vintage diver get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish&beer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This weekend a group of vintage dive gear enthusiast will be meeting at San Carlos Beach(Breakwater) for our 3rd annual get together. We will be set up in the grass area near the beach. There will be a lot of old vintage gear, i.e. double hose regulators to view. If interested come by and say hello and view the old gear.

Appreciate the advanced notice !
This week end is 2 days away

SDM

@Sam Miller III

Hi Sam, the Monterey vintage get-together has been promoted on VSS and VDH but apparently not here. The only excuse I can offer is that Fish&beer Jerry, myself and the rest of us are simply old and forgetful. :) Now where are my pills, glasses, etc...?

That said, I plan on driving up to Monterey tomorrow, Friday, diving with the gang early Saturday morning, then heading down to Paso Robles for a wedding Saturday afternoon (Fortenberry's son is finally getting hitched). Depending on timing I might be going through Pismo Saturday night or Sunday morning. If so, are you up for breakfast on Sunday? Mark

As always last to know … I think it is called isolationism in CenCal.

You, and all your stinking wet dive equipment is always welcome..

There is a place for you at Casa Miller.

Paso is only 40 miles north -- how about Saturday night ?

"The light will be on and the key under the mat " recall Tom Burnet ?

Betty will be delighted to see you and prepare your favorite breakfast

Sam

You, and all your stinking wet dive equipment is always welcome..

I will make sure to pee in my wetsuit at least twice. :)

There is a place for you at Casa Miller.

Paso is only 40 miles north -- how about Saturday night ?

"The light will be on and the key under the mat " recall Tom Burnet ?

Not sure yet how long the wedding festivities will last Saturday in Paso, but I'll know more Sat afternoon.

Betty will be delighted to see you and prepare your favorite breakfast.

Or, I could take you guys out for breakfast if you are up to it? I'll send you an email when I know more. As usual. I'm trying to please everyone. :)

@Sam Miller III

Betty only prepares Breakfast for special guests -- She seldom eats breakfast -- "a cup o tea & a sweet" the Canadian is demonstrated in early AM.

Perhaps Sam IV ? if not on duty or I can persuade him to skip church ? Same place as before ? enough food for 10 men and the mess cook !

Sam

Betty only prepares Breakfast for special guests -- She seldom eats breakfast -- "a cup o tea & a sweet" the Canadian is demonstrated in early AM.

Perhaps Sam IV ? if not on duty or I can persuade him to skip church ? Same place as before ? enough food for 10 men and the mess cook !

Sam

I'd love to see Sam IV again too! I'll know more about my schedule tomorrow (Friday) and get in contact with you!

Mark

A few pics from Saturday when I was there. Last year my old GoPro refused to work on the Monterey dive. This year my new GoPro refused to work. Alas, I only took a few topside shots.

Visibility was about 20 feet at Metridium Fields (around 48' depth), less as one approached the surface.

e9sPME.jpg

dGKez5.jpg

3Kt223.jpg

bo0Xan.jpg

42r8zY.jpg

K9daXB.jpg

MZQiIL.jpg

Scuba dog - Jethro

h2uMgE.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom