Monterey sea lions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
Well me and my wife took a nice drive on HWY 1 from Morro Bay to monterey. For those of you who have never drove that route it is very scenic and runs mostly along the ocean. A very long drive but well worth it for the scenery.

We stopped at Monterey breakwater to check out the latest sea lion infestation. Let me tell you, the suckers are every where and boy do they stink. I talked to a few divers and they said the vis was crappy at breakwater 5-10ft. Some of the divers on the boat dives were getting up to 30-40ft of vis below a depth of 40ft. The water looked very green. I didnt dive so i dont have a first hand account. Posted are some pics of the cute but smelly sea lions :D

Braunbehrens once bubbled...
Some friends of mine dove Carmel today, here is the report:

http://www.baue.org/reports/trip_reports.php?reportId=88

I just realized your a member of BAUE. I bet i have referred to that site a zillion times. Its a great site, you guys do a heck of job . Someday i hope to be a member once i get some more dives and training under my belt. Till then i'll visit the site often and drool all over myself :D

Back
Top Bottom