Monterey pics 9-22 & 9-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Couple of really nice dives. Highlight was a Male Kelp Greenling at Ballbuster who didn't run and hide-actually kind of friendly. Usually, you can't get within 6 feet of the darn things. Some good nudies on Anchor 1 on the deep shale as well as another little thumb size Octo.

Male Kelp Greenling
P9230026-01sm.jpg

P9230030-01pscropsm.jpg

P9230028-01sm.jpg

P9230038-01sm.jpg

Jelly
P9230037-01sm.jpg

Little crabs
P9230025-01sm.jpg

Another little thumb size Octopus
P9220016-01cropsm.jpg

Hermissenda Crassicornis
P9220006-01cropsm.jpg

P9220004-01sm.jpg

Televisus Radioshackus
P9220021-01sm.jpg

Cool pics Larry - well done !!

Hey Larry,
Thanks for sharing those.... Man if the TV could talk... :wink:

Ben

I'm picturing some fisherman trying to perch it on his console to watch Bass Masters on the outdoor channel (or maybe the ball game) while he's trying to reel in a big one.....Got 'em! Nooooooooo, not the TeeVEEEEEE! Was nice saying hi to you at the breakwater and meeting your dive buddies. Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Andy, Jeff, Ken and Doug. Happy diving!

Thanks, Sarita and Marc. Here are a few more from our last dive on Sunday, at the original Anchor Farm. (Also deep shale). I wasn't sure any of these were going to come out. My drysuit developed a hole in the left wrist seal, and I was already shaking when I got in the water. The hypothermia made me tighten up involuntarily, causing the shoulder I mucked up falling off my motorcycle a couple of weeks ago to scream at me. Amazingly, a few came out pretty decent.

When I took this, I thought these lovebirds were Cadlina Luteamarginata, but after a bigger look, I'm pretty sure they're Acanthodoris Hudsoni.
P9230057-01sm.jpg

Yeah, we bad...a shrimp posturing in front of his hole. I was shakin' in my boots.
P9230059-01sm.jpg

A big Red Rock Crab. Look at the lower left for the Spanish Shawl underfoot
P9230055-01sm.jpg

Tritonia Festiva
P9230048-01sm.jpg

Even though most of the Anchors have been spread about the area by errant Cruise Ships, here's some evidence of why Kawika called it the Anchor Farm.
P9230046-01pssm.jpg

Oops, forgot one: I call this, "Clowning around with a few friends".
P9230062-01crop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom