Monterey Pics 3-27-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We did two dives on Saturday. I used the 35mm AF-D prime lens in the standard port on both dives, to see if it would give me a decent combination of macro and fish portrait shots, as the 60mm is a bit restrictive for shooting larger subjects in poor vis.
While I wouldn't recommend going out and buying one for UW use, the results were OK. It did allow me to shoot some stuff that I couldn't get with the 60mm micro without being too far away to see through the snotty water. It didn't excel as a macro lens or a wide lens, but was an OK compromise until I can get a dome. I'd call it a normal macro on the DX. I had to crop the true macros, where on the 60mm I could leave them full size. On the wider stuff, it needs stepping down for better DOF.

Spanish Shawl
DSC_5093cropsm.jpg

Juvenile Olive Rockfish
DSC_5099sm.jpg

Copper Rockfish with Red Bryozoan
DSC_5118sm.jpg

Blue Rockfish with Metridium Anemone
DSC_5063cropsm.jpg

School of Blues
DSC_5065sm.jpg

Nice pics, Larry. Were you at Glenn's on Saturday with the dog who likes to sniff butts? lol

Great pics Larry - I see you are getting along very nicely with the Nikon !

Thanks Fisheater, Scott, Fuggler, Andy.

Fuggler, you have to be more specific. All dogs sniff butts! Yes, I had Otter at Glenn's Aquarius on Saturday afternoon getting Nitrox fills. She would be the beautiful one with the eyeliner and her nose up your butt, and I would be the ugly one with the hairy face, holding the leash.

Thanks Fisheater, Scott, Fuggler, Andy.

Fuggler, you have to be more specific. All dogs sniff butts! Yes, I had Otter at Glenn's Aquarius on Saturday afternoon getting Nitrox fills. She would be the beautiful one with the eyeliner and her nose up your butt, and I would be the ugly one with the hairy face, holding the leash.

Haha, I wasn't aware of that, I'm a cat lady. :wink: I was the long-haired asian girl waiting to pay for my tanks with Otter's nose up my butt.

Awesome pics! That new camera takes your photos to a whole new level.

I was out on the 27th as well, but I was using a fisheye. There were times I wish I brought the macro, but you cant win'em all.

Thanks Ryssyr. When I get a dome, I'll have that problem. Right now, it's small or really small.

Holy extreme close-up of the Spanish Shawl... awesome!

Fuggler and I debate on whether a guy we constantly see at breakwater is you or not. I'm willing to admit she's right now that we've identified Otter. :)

Back
Top Bottom