Monterey Kelp Forest photos from yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
Monterey conditions were great this weekend, wasn't too cold, the viz way better than average, weather was sunny and clear, and the water was lake calm. These were taken from Lover's Point Cove... beautiful kelp forests.

I used a Olympus C-730 in Ikelite, no strobe

kelp forest

I love the kelp shots! I think that's the first pictures I've seen from the Oly C-730...how do you like it?

Miss it already. Did two dives off Key West during the week, sure, it was warm and I only had to wear boardshorts, but it just wasn't Monterey.

:(

when i got back to malaysia. sure there's different stuff to see, but whar's the kelp ;-0 . got my kicks looking at the mbayaq webcams but it's not the same :( .

maybe whoever's still in monterey can set up an underwater webcam - sponsored by backscatter or lmi maybe :D . oh, even backscatter's webcam of the parking lot is gone.:wacko:

lanun once bubbled...
oh, even backscatter's webcam of the parking lot is gone.:wacko:
That's because BackScatter have shifted into a building next door to MBDC and are no longer on the Breakwater.

Dee, they are definitely not the first you've seen, because you said the exact same thing when you saw my photos last time of GBR. hehe. Yeah though, I've had all good experiences with the camera and housing. Except, a lot of the shots I wish were taken with faster shutter speeds, because a lot will come out blurry. Any advice on that? The faster shutter shots I've taken and resulted in a slightly underexposed look. I have no strobe.

Back
Top Bottom