Montego Bay....Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Sharpe

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're heading down to Montego Bay over Christmas and I'm hoping to get some diving done while I'm there as it looks like there are some interesting sites.

Any recommendations re; dive operators? I'm trying to avoid the resort cattle boat if possible.

Thanks!

Greetings! I was in Mo Bay a few times. Sandals and other resorts have dive boats but honestly there is no reef management on JA and also the many hurricanes seriously damage the reefs. I have stayed at Round Hill, Half Moon, Coyaba and El Greco AKA El Crappo. OH and once Air Jamaica left w/o me and put me at the Holiday Inn Sunspree..YUCK

I will be going to the Montego Bay area very soon and also would like advice on diving. What is the diving like there? Any sites that I should definitely go to? Preferred dive operators (the resort is supposed to have a dive center)? Is it mostly macro?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom