Montage or Collage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga Roja

Reaction score
Montage or Collage? Not sure of the difference. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear it.

Like Gilligan, I'm waiting for the water to clear. In the meantime I came up with this:

1_montage01.jpg

Looks very interesting.....Looked them up too and both words had the same meaning. Go figure! lol

I like it....whatever you wanna call it! I'd like to do something like that for my profile pic.

I believe there is a difference. A collage is the bringing together different medias to create the artwork, and a montage is using the same media. Both can be 3D, tho a collage is more likely to be so. An example of a collage might be a board or canvas with photos, shells, plastic, paint, writing, or whatever the artist has in mind to use. An example of a montage is what has been posted already.

Jenny... you should post your Christmas Card montage. It was great!

jennifer

Thanks Sapphire, only problem is that its not dive related!

scuba_jenny:
Thanks Sapphire, only problem is that its not dive related!

LOL, then add a stingray to it :biggrin:!!

I was rethinking what I wrote bout the differences between a montage and a collage. Basically, a montage is same media, 2d; collage mixed media and 3d

Thus: from dictionary.com
Montage:
A single pictorial composition made by juxtaposing or superimposing many pictures or designs.
The art or process of making such a composition.

Collage:
An artistic composition of materials and objects pasted over a surface, often with unifying lines and color.

Now you know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom