Monitor dive accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I overheard on channel 16 the other day a Coast Guard medivac of an unconcious diver from the Monitor marine sanctuary off of Hatteras the other day. Does anyone know if the guy was okay, or what happened?

Joel Silverstein has a boat and operations going out there. One of the guys with him had some problems. Went on his O2 bottle by mistake, instead of his 50/50, at his 70' stop. OxTox. Rescue from 40' went relatively smooth. Guy survived, is ok. Lots of lessons learned. I do not know any of the relevant details as to precisely how it happened, so won't speculate. Hope other folks don't speculate either. Be careful out there folks. Make sure you've got some other eyes than yours alone on the process when doing gas switches. We've all made mistakes. Dive safe.

Doc

DOC hit it right on the head , also what a friend of mine told me by the way hes the medic on Coast Guard HELO but also understand the diver ok one lucky person.
actually its the third one this week think somone trying to set record .

Back
Top Bottom