Monday July 5th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dont know if lots of you have monday off as the "replacement" holiday for tomorrow (as it isnt in the work week this year), but i was wondering if anyone was thinking of going anywhere or doing anything? At the same time i need to get a fill or two if this is the case or else i have 4 tanks with only 1300 in each - not long dives on any of them. Just wondering about the opportunities - will check in tomorrow.

I dived Blue Spring today.... and I could be easily convinced to to it again on the 5th.... since I would finally get a chance to meet that *&%^$#@#$%^&^* Simbrooks guy.... and I'm told he's buying all us Yanks a cold one afterward!

We were thinking of hitting that one on monday, but Becky backed out, all i need is some way to get the tanks filled and i can be there - i will have to check if Divers Direct is open tomorrow, if so you are on! Otherwise i will have to float 3 tanks down and change out every once in a while at the waters edge :wink: Will have to see what goes with that. Thanks for the offer, can let you konw tomorrow night.

simbrooks:
Otherwise i will have to float 3 tanks down and change out every once in a while at the waters edge :wink:

We had a lot of spectators today. They'd love to see that..... maybe even help you carry them.

simbrooks:
... all i need is some way to get the tanks filled and i can be there - i will have to check if Divers Direct is open tomorrow, if so you are on!..

I'm running into this problem on regular dive days... shops just dont seem to understand that during the summer, it may behoove them to stay open longer. Well, I take that back, E-Force in Pompano was a 6am-9pm shop... an exception to the norm. It's been enough of a pain in the butt that I've been pondering a portable compressor to fill tanks since I leave for most dives before any shop around here opens (5-6am, shops open at 9-10am) and seem to get back well after they close at 5-6pm. Even diving @ Venice, your latest open shop is ScubaQuest on US 41 at the 776 intersection in that they are open till 6pm.

I have had to work all weekend, including today, would love to dive on Monday, C/N divers are open on Monday, but they do not open till 10am. they are in Mt.Dora, on 441 I have not had an opportunity to dive at Blue Springs ,

I am up for a beach dive down here... any takers?

Ok, news is that Wings cant make it, i have gotten my fills, Divers Direct were open today - they are on I-Drive the big touristy strip, its hard for them to ever close down.

I would be interested in diving tomorrow with anyone who wishes to join, Madeline that looks to be you! I am thinking maybe an early start, somewhere around 8am when the water might still be clear if that works out. I have no idea how far it is to get there from the Villages though - probably not quick. I will send a PM with my number and if you could post whatever we decide so others can come if they decide last minute that would be helpful (i wont have internet access til tuesday i reckon). I am not cavern cert'd, so i wont be carrying a light nor going much past 80ft or so. Have to see what my tanks are filled to after they felt pretty hot at the store though.

See you there, PM on the way.

ok, I'm down here next to disney...missed this thread.... Wish one of you guys would have noticed my asking for a dive buddy down there this week.

I have my equipment, but no tank (gotta rent, the closest LDS that I saw doesn't open til 9am) I'd consider doing something tomorrow, but as I said I gotta get a tank (and some weight, since I was an idiot and left my weight bag at home!)

Deyv
David Kirkpatrick

resort # is 407-239-0000 villa (ext.) 5428

someone let me know If I can catch up with you all. Borrow a weight belt and tank or catch up a bit later.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom