Modern Sherwood First Stage(s)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there one first stage teamed with multiple choices of seconds or is it different first stage models in their product line? I can't seem to find that out in their literature/website...

The 9000er Series 1st stage is for all Sherwood 2nds but the SR2 2nds, what doesn't mean that you couldn't use the SR2 2nd on a 9000er Series 1st, or the Brut-Blizzard-Magnum-Oasis 2nds on a SR2 1st .

@axxel57 (or others)

So what are the differences between the SR2 first and the 9000 first?
Don’t quote me on this but…
I think the 9000 are still being made by a 3 fingered blind man with a crucible and a drill press in a garage in Huntington Beach with schrader valves removed from cars in a wallyworld parking lot.

The 9000 Series are the successors of the 5000 and 7000 Series, the ones with the 'Dry Bleed Systems'.
They are also 'dry' 1sts, just that now the adaption to depth is working by air streaming through a Schrader Valve into the main spring chamber instead of the 'Flow Restrictor Screw'. The 5000-9000 Series have been always 'Flow By Piston Designs'.
The SR Series is a 'Flow Through Piston Design', just with a separate Piston Shaft and and Piston Flange'.
The adaption to depth works here through the 'Three Pin Link'.

Attachments

• SR2 1st Stage Schematics.pdf
    285.1 KB · Views: 80
  • MAXIMUS SRB7600 1ST STAGE.pdf
    247.8 KB · Views: 167
  • SHERWOOD 9000 SERIES 1ST STAGES.pdf
    196 KB · Views: 76
I should have my SR1 Tuesday to start playing with, my problem is it’s yoke and I’m reluctant to spend 1/2 of what I paid for the 1st 2nd for just a DIN…

One thing to note about the SR 1/2 first stage. The piston is a 2 piece assembly. You have to use an Allen key down the throat of it to disassemble. Best have steady hands for that job

Back
Top Bottom