Moderator and Thread Participant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Cleaned up"?? It has been sanitized, deodorized, fumigated, disinfected, irradiated and cleansed with bleach mixed with acid. Nothing like the fresh smell of bleach in the post, so YUMMY!!

Oh well ... even the messiest kids have to clean up the room once in a while ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

"Cleaned up"?? ...//...
Yes, exactly that and rather well done I would say.

We all chased each other around the barn (more than a few times) and some important views were aired on both sides. This site is what it is due to effective moderation. Like it or not, the mods set the tone of this site. I also believe that they are the real stewards of SB.

When we (as non-mod community members) feel that the tone of a forum, or modding in general, no longer rings true then many of us will voice our loyal opposition knowing full well that we could all be limited or outright banned. However, on Scubaboard, the mods agonize over these 'uprisings'. It is our duty as community members to raise these issues appropriately then back down in a reasonable manner to see if the message was heard.

I commend your OP.

I have no good idea how a "green zone" should be moderated by various moderators around the world so it is sufficiently consistant and with that predictable. That predictability woukd be what makes contributers catch on to the rules.

But one thing could maybe be simplified / improved:
I almost always find something I look for either via "new posts", "recent posts" or a search (google or SB). And then I somewhere, with no idea which subforum I am in or "which zone".
So if there are to be zones, why not mark them so it's really clear... even to me?
E.g.: Could all the posts in the green zone have a light green background instead of a white one? Or a green sidebar / fat line, top to bottom? And maybe a button top and botyom of each page to click on "what is the green zone"
etc. for whatever zone desired...
As is, on my phone at least the part where I (or anyone) am/is expected to know which subforum I/one am/is in is a bit "unrealistically optimistic".

So if there are to be zones, why not mark them so it's really clear... even to me?
E.g.: Could all the posts in the green zone have a light green background instead of a white one? Or a green sidebar / fat line, top to bottom? And maybe a button top and botyom of each page to click on "what is the green zone"
etc. for whatever zone desired...

I'm not sure what is accessible programming-wise to format the display but this example might be another possibility:

upload_2018-4-29_8-58-5.png

Keep in mind that some readers are color blind so certain colors or combinations may be difficult for them. Also, there are several "style" options to deal with.

@Akimbo,

Duplicate that message at the bottom of the box too? It doesn't take much typing for the box to expand and the top scroll off smaller screens.

Nice catch on color blindness. I would still like to see a background color change as it would serve the vast majority.

Duplicate that message at the bottom of the box too? It doesn't take much typing for the box to expand and the top scroll off smaller screens.

I have no idea if it is programatically possible or practical short of sending Xenforo some obscene amount of money. Whatever the solution to your very valid suggestion also has to be tested against how it displays on smartphones.

Back
Top Bottom