Mobby Drysuit Zipper care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finfin

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a Mobby Drysuit off of e-bay, and the suit looks like new, but Im concerned about the care of the zipper as it has no care manual.
Its a tri-laminate suit, Armor shell, and rubber zipper.
Does anyone know what to use for lubrication, I heard Paraffin wax, if thats correct, where could I get some, if that is wrong, what do I need?

There are different brands of "zipper Wax", but quite honestly, I always recommend to people to use regular candle wax. Some of the wax that is sold is kind of sticky and can get sand and dirt in between the teeth. I use candle wax and then brush it with an old tooth brush. I've had my zipper in my suit since it was built in '96.

Yep I use Zipper wax sold at dive shop its and use it after several dives on the zip over a 100 on this one zip and no leaks, yes and clean it with brush if you see gunk.
Brad

finfin:
Does anyone know what to use for lubrication, I heard Paraffin wax, if thats correct, where could I get some...
Go to any decent hardware store and you can get a lifetime supply for a couple of bucks. Take righteous care of the zipper as mentioned above and it will never fail you.

I use candle wax every morning before diving. When I get home and really clean my gear I use an old synthetic bristle toothbrush to clean any debris out of the zipper. I then wax it and close it for storage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom