Moalboal pescador thresher sighting season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

margmarg

New
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to see a thresher shark on my first dive in Moalboal/Pescador this past July.

Didn't see anymore threshers after that and generally get the impression that in July luck was the primary factor!

Given that seeing threshers amidst the sardine ball is, IMHO, a much greater attraction than seeing them alone, I'm hoping to repeat this experience sometime in Moalboal!

Any comments or feedback as to what "season" can increase chance of seeing threshers @ pescador? ie, where I am not just counting on pure luck! Is it Apr-May-June? How is Nov-Dec?

Margmarg,
I did do some research, spoke to several Dm's and came to my own conclusion that there really is no discernable pattern. They seem to be seen year round but you just cant predict a sighting. It does seem however that once a sighting has occured they will be consistent for a week or more. Sorry I was unable to figure out a real "season".....

Cheers,
Roger

Back
Top Bottom