Moalboal diving, and a lot more, shut down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
While the actual decree said shutdown at midnight tonight, (Monday 23 Mar midnight local time) the police came by and shut down diving today.

I had planned to do three shore dives but was on my first surface interval when the diving was canceled. Only one training dive, to finish off a group pf students went ahead.

Not only is all diving shut down but all restaurants bars are closed. So are barber shops, health spas, beauty salons and other similar businesses that by their nature do not allow for social distancing. Also closed are all beaches, any swimming and any gathering for sports or entertainment. Checkpoints are being set up. Only banks, grocery, medical and other essential services are being allowed to operate.

To make it worse, there is a complete ban on sales or consumption of alcohol.

Apparently despite the curfew a large group of backpackers gathered on the beach and had a huge party ignoring all social distancing and many pictures were posted on Facebook. This prompted the authorities to force a stronger shut down.

I can't figure out why swimming and diving got shut down, let alone diving. Same thing happened on Roatan.

Darn shame about the booze.

I can't figure out why swimming and diving got shut down, let alone diving. Same thing happened on Roatan.

Darn shame about the booze.

Swimming because people were not social distancing themselves, diving for same reasons, boat diving was shut a few days ago as it is difficult toi keep separation on the boat. However I was diving with Cebu Dive Centre and they staggered the dives to keep the crowd lower at the shop.

The worst thing about the booze is that I didn't find out about it until after it was implimented and I drank my last beer.

If I had my still here I could make some 160 plus proof hand sanitizer.

Apparently despite the curfew a large group of backpackers gathered on the beach and had a huge party ignoring all social distancing and many pictures were posted on Facebook. This prompted the authorities to force a stronger shut down.

Unfortunately we live in an age when people believe that no matter what happens they are "entitled souls" who have the right to disregard laws. Do you know the story of a sports team whose plane crashed in the Andes mountains in South America? They made good use of their dearly departed team mates the crew and some others.

So what happens when the food runs out?

EAT VEGANS FIRST.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom