Mk25 Evo - S600 nitrox compatibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikelleen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just bought a new Mk25 Evo - S600 combo, in U.S. (Leisure Pro)

Reading the manual, specifically the nitrox section indicates that I should have bought a nitrox specific model to use nitrox?

Also that special cleaning is required at a Scubapro dealer after using nitrox?

I am assuming I am reading this incorrectly or that the warnings are intended for oxygen levels over a certain percentage.

So as a newly certified open water diver looking to get a nitrox certification as well. Will this regulator combo work for me?

Thanks

As your regulator is delivered, it is capable of being used with up to 40% Nitrox. If you dive the regulator with 21% compressed air and the air is not Grade E, the regulator will have to be cleaned/re-cleaned prior to being used with Nitrox again. Your regulator can also be used at O2 percentages higher than 40%, with the proper cleaning, inspection and O2 compatible components.

As your regulator is delivered, it is capable of being used with up to 40% Nitrox. If you dive the regulator with 21% compressed air and the air is not Grade E, the regulator will have to be cleaned/re-cleaned prior to being used with Nitrox again.

LMAO...Did your lawyer write that answer for you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom