Mk20 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi I’m new to diving, I recently bought a mk20 regulator second hand only to find out that they were recalled for safety issues, I’ll get it serviced before I use it but I’m worried I’ve waisted my money

Hi I’m new to diving, I recently bought a mk20 regulator second hand only to find out that they were recalled for safety issues, I’ll get it serviced before I use it but I’m worried I’ve waisted my money

in order to find out you need to look for the serial number and than you check on scubapro website.

Be safe

Possible problem with Scubapro 1st stage Mk20.​

JD, Do a search on the above thread title...
Lots of good information from DA Aquamaster and others. If your not aware, DA Aquamaster was one of the contributing Scubapro gurus back in the day. Spend a little time searching under his name with various MK20 topics and most if not all your questions will be answered.

The short answer on whether or not you waisted your money...It depends.
Numerous upgrades / mods were made to the MK20 during it's production run. So depending on what's inside will ultimately determine if it's a keeper or a case of caveat emptor...Good luck:cool:

To slightly expand on what other posters have already said, it's often possible to upgrade the Mk20 to a Mk25.

Thus, you've got yourself either a bargain or an expensive paperweight.

I've got one in for service right now - they're just waiting on parts.

Owning many Mk20s and servicing myself I would have zero concerns so concentrate on maintaining waist size

How many slots do you have on your saddle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom