Mk10 IP issue or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, I was testing an MK10, initial IP readings first video. Second video is after the regular was pressurized for a while noticed this strange bounce in ip while taking a breath.

Tried two different 2nd stages same result.

Any idea what would cause this?

Hey all, I was testing an MK10, initial IP readings first video. Second video is after the regular was pressurized for a while noticed this strange bounce in ip while taking a breath.

Tried two different 2nd stages same result.

Any idea what would cause this?
Videos cannpt be seen on-line, it requires to download to see them. Too uncomfortable.
Search for IP creep thread. Some good explanations.

Videos cannpt be seen on-line, it requires to download to see them. Too uncomfortable.
Search for IP creep thread. Some good explanations.
Thanks

Has you opened the 10?

a random thought if it remains unopened, try dunking it in some water so the ambient chamber is wet, see what happens??

Has you opened the 10?

a random thought if it remains unopened, try dunking it in some water so the ambient chamber is wet, see what happens??
I rebuilt it last year, was setting it up for a dive. Ok I’ll dunk and see what happens. Thanks

I can't check now because I'm in holidays, but it doesn't surprise me much that after pressurizing the 1st for a while (seat in process grooving the piston edge into the HP seat and so increasing the seating force) might slower the reaction time of the piston to open the valve. I couldn't say without checking how much slower the process might be, but I guess there is a certain delay, so the dynamic IP drops a bit lower as with a brand new HP seat. Just a thought......

Unfortunately you just press very short time the purge button, so one cannot see if there is a real difference in dynamic IP drop or if it is just the delay in opening the valve, which would not cause any effect on the inhaling resistance over the whole inhaling process.
If you could repeat the process and press the purge button in both tests longer, you could have seen how much the IP drop really is in comparison to the fresh seat, but now it's probably too late to repeat the test, so maybe next time......

Your style of breathing is different

Unfortunately you just press very short time the purge button, so one cannot see if there is a real difference in dynamic IP drop or if it is just the delay in opening the valve, which would not cause any effect on the inhaling resistance over the whole inhaling process.
If you could repeat the process and press the purge button in both tests longer, you could have seen how much the IP drop really is in comparison to the fresh seat, but now it's probably too late to repeat the test, so maybe next time......
I wasn’t purging I was just trying to take quick breath’s in both videos and not so much the dynamic IP drop but the bouncing in the second video is what I was worried about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom