MK housing 18-55mm nex 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregor-bali

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got this casing last week and was testing it out it has a depth rating of 40m but once i got past 21m the pressure started pressing in on to the camera controls hich got really annoying when i missed a great pictures of a mola mola coming in to say hello. So was wondering if this is the usual thing with these cases or if there is any fixes i can do to stop this happening ????

Yes, it is common. Mine usually went crazy on the menu, scrolling like crazy. I usally turn it on and off again. You can put some selica gel bags inside the housing to reduce the air trap in the housing or you can use cutted sponge. I like the selica gel bags better as t can also help to absorb moisture. BUT BE CAREFULL where you put your your selica gel bags, make sure you check tyej before you close the housing. Make sure you use the lube that come with the housing before you dive. It feels like a glue, i read somewhere that do not use other lube with the o ring.

With the 18-55 you can also use the 30mm macro lens or the 50mm e-mount. I like the 30mm macro , you need to make your own diffuser for itid you are using the internal flash as the barrel is to long it will show shadow or uneven light in your picture. I made mine from a cut document carry holder that i got from a bookstore. You can make it from used milk bottle as well. Cut it like tye canon g12 diffuser, the diffuser will need to attached to the lens barrel.

For the turn around wheel at the bag of the housing i use spray lubricant , i help to ease in turning the wheel.

Thank you coral girl lots of useful info there think i will pack the unused areas in the housing full of silicone bags and sponge i think and see if it works for me and what spary lube did you use on the wheel will have to see what i can find in sanur to use on that bit lol and with the flash im using external flash anyway and video light which is great to help the camera focus and thanks again for the info oh where do you dive then since your in indo ?

I bought the Trident brand (silicon brand) from Dive Master in Jakarta. The closest diving in Jakarta is Pulau Seribu and Shangyang island, but not so much to see compare to Bali. I have dived in East Bali, Gili (Lombok), Lembeh and Bunaken.

Back
Top Bottom