Mixing regulator brands for twinset?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Afternoon all; hope everyone has been keeping safe and diving loads.

Was hoping I could get some input on the matter of using mixing regulator sets from two brands on my twinset. Specifically, a Poseidon Cyklon set and a Scubapro set. To make myself clear, I do not mean the mixing and matching of putting an Scubapro 2nd stage onto a Poseidon 1st or anything like that but to have my Poseidon 1st and 2nd stage on the right pillar and then to have my Scubapro set on the left pillar for example.

Apart from looking a bit unusual, could any problems arise from using two different reg brands on twinsets or will it dive just as normal as if I was using two of the same? I will have my second Cyklon set serviced and configured eventually but at the moment my technician is on holiday.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I do not see the problem. The setup you described is quite common here in Europe, both on twins but also on single cylinders with two posts (which are the standard here).
The Poseidon can come from right side or left side indifferently, so it makes a great choice as the regulator designed to be donated, as it has "no wrong way".

And coming up after the commercial break: "My mask is a Sherwood, but my snorkel is a Tusa. Potential death trap.....or nothing to worry about?"
:D:p:eyebrow:

I do not see the problem. The setup you described is quite common here in Europe, both on twins but also on single cylinders with two posts (which are the standard here).
The Poseidon can come from right side or left side indifferently, so it makes a great choice as the regulator designed to be donated, as it has "no wrong way".
Thanks Angelo. Much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom