mixing deferent brands of strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

scubateacher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can different brands of strobes be used at the same time? Can you use a Nikonos and Sea and SEA strobes be used together? I have Sea and Sea strobes now, and was given a Nikonos sb 102, can I put them on the same camera? I know I can use one in slave mode. And I know a sync corde dose will not fit both strobes. The sea and sea housing and a Nautaicam housing has two sync ports. Will using two different strobes mess up the housing? Humm
Thanks for your input
Lee ( scuba teacher )

If you are using strobes in manual mode you can of course use two different make of strobes.

Many years ago I used a SB103 with a Sea&Sea YS50 in slave mode.

Just play with the strobe angles and adjust aperture to achieve the desired lighting. This is much easier to do now with digital cameras than back in film days.

One thing to watch for is different color temperatures. A difference in power is not critical - in fact, you often want to have one strobe set to half a stop or more above the other, to create some subtle shadows in your image - but a hue transition in the middle of your image can be distracting.

ya.. i was going to say the different color temp. i saw some pictures and was like confused and turned out the diver was using two different strobes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom