Misstopsail's Travels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misstopsail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey there guys! As some of you know, im headed to south carolina this summer to teach environmental education to fifth graders at congaree national park. Someone said i should post a thread about my summer, to keep in touch with you fools :)
So, i leave tomorrow! Road trip to my namesake, Topsail Island, for a week of shrimp and hopefully diving, and then onto the park. Anyone in the columbia, SC area thats wants to dive should hit me up, i'll check/update weekly. Have a great summer and get wet every chance ya get :eyebrow:!!!

Hey there,
Sitting out on the porch watching the waves crash, and with wifi, what more could a girl want. Still on topsail, probably until saturday. Suppose to go diving at the Hyde and Markham, but the weather isn't cooperating, so i'm holding off until later in the season (will be warmer anyway). Start work at Congaree tuesday, dying to get going. Remember, anyone who makes it out this way, hit me up, and we'll go for a dive!

Hey mts. Columbia is only about 2.5 hrs from Myrtle, so if you want to hang out with some of us at the LDS come on down. We also have dive club meetings monthly if you'd like to participate. Just let me know.
David

Hey there everyone! Congaree is going awesome! I'm living in the research center here with six other college students, and its a lot of fun. We've been doing a bit of hiking around to see all the trails, and working to get the camp ready for the 5th graders coming next week! All around, it seems like its going to be an excellent summer; who can complain when the beach is two hours away and there's kayaking every weekend.
And dave, i might take ya up on that, i'm dying to get wet soon!
peace for now!

Hi Miss,ssounds like youre having fun.Enjoy the "warm" water cause once you get to Madison its all over but the shivering LOL. ENJOY yourself
Randy

okay folks, the time has come. I wanna get a BCD and a regulator, tops spending around 1000. Advice?
Oh, and congaree is AMAZING. I've gotten into kayaking, and lots of hiking and swiming, but no diving :( hope everyones doing well!

Hey ya'll! I just completed my AOW course with Columbia Scuba, and they are AMAZING. Lake Joccassee was beautiful, and everything went fine :D

Okay. Time to admit it, this place is complete and utter hell. The people i live with are some of the meanest i've ever met in my life, and their daily joy is to belittle me as much as possible before i go to bed or find somewhere else to sleep that night so i don't have to hear their crap. I go home in 16 days, and that number is the only thing keeping me going. I miss my friends, my home, miss having people to talk to, and can't believe i ever thought this was a good idea. I wanna go home. NOW. And i'll never ever come back to this place, i don't wanna talk to these people ever again, and just want it to be over. Looking back on this summer, the only positives were AOW and the new gear. They don't want me here, i don't wanna be here, and i can't wait to get back to ohio. Off to bed now, cause there's nothing better to do until another pointless, mindless day at work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom