Mission Accomplished - OW Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clpkab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just returned home from Key Largo where I completed my OW certification.

I managed to conquer my fear and complete not one but six giant strides. It was hard convincing myself to make that first one. I tried to chicken out, but my buddy, instructor, and others on the boat wouldn't let me. It wasn't pretty I'm sure but I did it. I thought I had a death grip on my mask and reg. Apparently not, as my mask was dislodged on entry. Luckily it stayed on my head and I was soon off to finish my skills.

A BIG thank you to all who had posted advice and guidance.

Reactions: EFB
Practise makes perfect!

Congratulations! I'm still doing my OW course and the giant stride scares me to death too, lol, good for you that you did it! :D Now go have fun!

Well done..its a great feeling when you conquer a fear and get the job done...have fun diving
xx

As I think I've said before, I HATE giant strides to this day. But when it's what stands between you and DIVING, you get it done -- and you got it done! Congratulations!

Cool!

I don't mind the giant stride so much, but I'm not a big fan of the giant fall. Years ago while on vacation in Maui, I embarrassed myself when I climbed to the top of a waterfall but chickened out and didn't jump into the pool. Meanwhile, little kids, like 5 and 6 years old, were leaping off with abandon all around me.

My kids still tease me about it. Bawk bawk. :fail:

Yay! Now get out there and get wet!

Haven't done a giant stride in a while. The boats at our dive sites are small so its back roll for us!

Congratulations on your certification!

Dive safe!

WoooHoooo. Good for you! Enjoy your accomplishment. Have fun. Get some dives under your belt, then go for your advanced. You can do it. Never stop learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom