Missing this kind of dive, plague restrictions can’t end soon enough

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know some Ontario charters have just started up again, but it’s been a long winter/spring.

This nice little dive to the bottom of the St Lawrence is off Stovin Island. An oldie but goodie video.

Oh, this isn’t my video, the end tells you the diver’s names.

I just love this particular dive, it’s 175’ or 180’ to the bottom here, and it’s a sweet little drift dive. I could do it every day and it would never get old, Diver Rick.

the bottom of the River here is covered in tiny white periwinkle shells, and there is really way more light reflected off the shells than this video portrays. Occasionally you find great bottles and china.
AD9F08A5-9A52-4E9B-AE61-09EEC80F4B40.jpeg

Yep! For a year now, I'm sitting here having located a wreck with 500-1,000 bottles on it (and who knows what else) that, because of the Pandemic, I cannot dive it. I am in the US, and the wreck lies in Canadian waters on a shared River. RCMP boarded me last year when we were back to it to pinpoint the location, and said if we were there again with the border closed, we would loose the boat and face incarceration...

This cannot end soon enough....

Parts of Canada have some of the most severe lockdowns I've ever heard of, it sounds absolutely terrible there.

Yep! For a year now, I'm sitting here having located a wreck with 500-1,000 bottles on it (and who knows what else) that, because of the Pandemic, I cannot dive it. I am in the US, and the wreck lies in Canadian waters on a shared River. RCMP boarded me last year when we were back to it to pinpoint the location, and said if we were there again with the border closed, we would loose the boat and face incarceration...

This cannot end soon enough....
Dammit we need to do this dive together lol.

Who charters to the King these days?
Helen Cooper’s Brockville Dive Adventure.

Under Where? dive charters

UnderWhere is no more. Tom sold his boat last year to a Quebec dive store.
Gasp!

that explains the Quebec dive store website with all the photos of the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom