Missing Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctorfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know the story about the diver missing since last Sunday? The media has not yielded much info.

Thanks Smokey, I guess more information will unfold over time. The story sounds a bit unusual so far.

There is a thread with a little more discussion over in the Accidents & Incidents section.

In short:
Diver surfaces with buddy 100 yards from boat. Buddy makes it onto boat. Diver doesn't.
Searches by boat, helicopter, and divers fail to locate diver.
Diver's BCD and tank were recovered on the bottom as was an article of clothing.
Search has been called off.

Sad story. I assume there will be a coroner's inquest. The coroner's reports are always covered in the Caymanian Compass. The ones I've seen to date are very thorough.

Sad story. I assume there will be a coroner's inquest. The coroner's reports are always covered in the Caymanian Compass. The ones I've seen to date are very thorough.

Is there a coroner's inquest/report when there is no body recovered?

doctorfish,
I agree.
i'll be going to little cayman in august for 10 days.
I will soon turn 60.
as time goes on information in general is always helpful.[/QUOTE

Never fear Smokey,
At 60 you will still be among the younger divers at LCBR. And, one of the better conditioned.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom