Missed you guys Wednesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrispete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Tony (my partner in the coffeehouse) and I took a day off to hit TL yesterday. Surprisingly, the weather cooperated and we didn't get a drop of rain despite the nasty looking weather all around us. Got in one 45 min dive showing him the sights and headed back towards home. The water was looking good, 15 foot viz in most places, and the thermocline has dropped about 5 feet since the last time I was out there (now at about 22-23 feet.) I was hoping that there would be a few other Swampers out there, but I figured that the weather was probably keeping everyone indoors. I'm going to try and make it back out there in a couple of weekends with some people in tow, but starting Sunday I'll be leading a trip to Coz for 8 days if Claudette doesn't stall over the Yucatan and delay the flight.

Sorry we missed you! I was ties up with Pop at the home a big part of the day and didn't trust the weather.

Have fun in Coz, we'll keep our fingers crossed the storm turns or passes over before you get there.

Coz turned out great, I really enjoyed it. The weather was picture perfect the entire time and viz was doing good. I do have to say that my mental picture of coz was quite a bit off, I was pleasantly surprised how nice the town, people, and diving was/were. Currents got a bit wild on the third day at Columbia, but we were still able to see a seahorse, splendid toadfish, and some other nice critters that day - the rest of the dives were very nice.

Back
Top Bottom