Mis matched strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currently using a Canon G 12 in an Ikelite housing with a DS-51. I was recently able to pick up a DS-160 at a really good price.

Can I use both strobes as a dual set up? Or should I just use the 160 as a solo set up?

You can use them both, but you are not really going to get the most out of the DS160 if you set it to use TTL, because it is likely to try to power down to match to the DS51. You will need to be careful not to overpower the scene with light from one side, but we have used that setup before and gotten good results. What I have done in the past is put the DS160 on manual one click below full power and then use the DS51 on TTL setting. I would suggest experimenting with it above water some to see what settings work best for your rig in a variety of lighting environments.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom