Closed: Minimalist Sidemount Harness & Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aotus

Contributor
Reaction score
Wing from Deco DiveEquipmentCo.com where the wing and inflator runs for $130, and add a harness for another $145.

I am selling this for $150 + shipping, PayPal only.

WING
This wing has been discussed here and on CDF quite a bit over the years (search for tikibill), and is well-liked as a minimalist rigs in warm water (aluminum tanks) or in conjunction with a drysuit for additional lift. Sidemount MSR-like wing

HARNESS
I put together this harness from parts of other harness I've owned. It is very comfortable, solid, and has a lot of extra material so that it can be made to fit divers larger than me, and easily cropped to fit smaller divers. Rivets on the spine strap allow for adjusting for different heights. XDEEP sliding o-rings on the waist for clipping cylinders save weight and reduce clutter. Super-flattering bungee belly strap runs through the crotch strap where a small bolt snap clips onto the white bungee to keep everything snug but flexible to allow the wing to expand.

See pictures below. Note that the wing is about 2/3 full when it's on me, and still very streamlined.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG

How do you add weight? Trim pockets?

yeah, and I have two that I could throw in. Or, sticking with the minimalist theme, a couple loops of bungee threaded through the lead and around the spine strap. A similar bungee trick can be used to mount a light cylinder on the crotch strap.

Back
Top Bottom