Mini Report: Sail Rock / Chumpon Pinnacle with Discovery Divers from Samui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Was in Samui last weekend and managed to dive on Friday and Saturday with Discovery Divers. Thanks to Eric, Stella, Joe and Stoli the dog for providing a fun day. First day was at sail rock where I saw a pair of bull sharks, 2.5meter long. Wow... I actually have a bit of shark phobia, but it was very cool. Whale shark came on the 2nd dive, and 60 minutes of making laps around sail rock, I still have not yet seen my first whale shark. 300+ dives in Thailand, 3 times now i've been where they were at... still no luck. 45min trip via speed boat.

Second day went down to Chumpon Pinnacle and the twins. The sea was like glass on on the way we spotted a pilot whale (i think it was pilot, minke maybe?). So I managed to see a whale something. Vis was pretty good and for some reason there was only one other dive boat there that day. Should have brought my camera for that, found plenty of resting spotted ray's, white eye'd moray's, and cleaning crustaceans. 75min trip via speed boat.

Fried chicken lunches were great

Back
Top Bottom