mine diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
hi alll im looking for contacts /info on some of the popular mine dives in Europe

4 of us are wishing to travel there and do some of the mines so can anyone who's done them or who lives there give advice on which ones to aim for in a 2 week holiday.
Obviously well need to hire all our tanks but well bring all our own tech gear ( all 4 on ccr) ideally dives that are in close proximity to one another to minimise travel

3 of us on cave 1 one on full cave but the next step is to get that completed so we can have more options
3 of us on mod 3, one on mod 2

they dont have to be all high powered deep dives but we do want them to be good ones. we all have heated under suits but ideally hire batteries when we get there

any help /links /contacts would be appreciated

Do you have an idea of which country/countries you will be based in, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Belgium and UK are probably the best locations but it covers a pretty big area.

Can say for Finland and Sweden
Finland's most popular are Ojamo mine and Montola , then comes Haveri, etc.
Sweden's most popular is Tuna-Hästberg, then comes Langban, Sala and a couple more

Ojamo and Tuna-Hästberg are must, imho

P.S. our team also likes Matasvaara mine in Finland, but it is different from mentioned above - dark brown waters.

Can say for Finland and Sweden
Finland's most popular are Ojamo mine and Montola , then comes Haveri, etc.
Sweden's most popular is Tuna-Hästberg, then comes Langban, Sala and a couple more

Ojamo and Tuna-Hästberg are must, imho

P.S. our team also likes Matasvaara mine in Finland, but it is different from mentioned above - dark brown waters.
Ojamo is currently closed due to lease/access issues.

I enjoyed Tuna Hastberg, its not far from Stockholm and would go back for the others nearby. There's lots to see at the <35m levels.

Because all of these mines are on private land they often have rules about having a certain minimum number of prior dives before allowing trimix dives. If you have never been there before I would say doing hypoxic dives is quite a stretch.

Ojamo is currently closed due to lease/access issues.

I enjoyed Tuna Hastberg, its not far from Stockholm and would go back for the others nearby. There's lots to see at the <35m levels.

Because all of these mines are on private land they often have rules about having a certain minimum number of prior dives before allowing trimix dives. If you have never been there before I would say doing hypoxic dives is quite a stretch.
do you mean min number of dives in their mines on their land?

Do you have an idea of which country/countries you will be based in, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Belgium and UK are probably the best locations but it covers a pretty big area.
was thinking Sweden's it seems a few mines close together

do you mean min number of dives in their mines on their land?
Correct. Tuna Hastberg won't allow you below 35m until you have a minimum number of nitrox level dives with them. You can't just show up wave your Mod2 or 3 card around and expect to do 50+m dives there.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom