DIR- GUE Min gas (MGR) table?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Computing MGR during GUE-EDGE involves a lot of math. I'd rather just write down MGRs for various depths in my wetnotes. Does GUE publish such a table? I don't recall seeing it in my training materials.

Computing MGR during GUE-EDGE involves a lot of math. I'd rather just write down MGRs for various depths in my wetnotes. Does GUE publish such a table? I don't recall seeing it in my training materials.
They don't publish one on purpose
You should know the math already to either make one yourself.

I'm gonna go all instructor here and answer a question with a question: why do you think GUE does NOT want to publish a fixed MG table?

In other words, what crucial bit of information should divers be tracking in order to calculate the MG for their team for a dive?

(I'm not saying that MG tables are bad --- but this knowledge above is pretty important!)

In other words, what crucial bit of information should divers be tracking in order to calculate the MG for their team for a dive?

SCR. All other quantities in the CAT formula are fixed for a given depth.

0.75 cuft/min is a reasonable estimate though.

Maybe something like this:

MGR_table.png

I used 1.5 for the consumption for 2 divers. I didn't fully think through the time to ascend for depths ending in 5. I naively assumed time = depth / 10 + 1. So the time to ascend from 75 feet is 8.5 minutes. That's 1 minute to deal with the OOG and 7.5 minutes to actually ascend. I'd likely increase that to 1 + 9 minutes if I were more clever with Excel. Of course I could enter numbers manually, but I relied on Excel formulae.

Edit: "Average depth (ata)" is better.

I made something similar to what salty posted but with multiple different sac rates. It’s very common for fundies students to make such a chart

0.75 cuft/min is a reasonable estimate though.

As a former DM, I think if you actually get into an OOA situation you will find this very skimpy. I have seen 1.25+cf/min for ONE stressed diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom