Might Be a Dumb Question about Wetsuits??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve1978

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Forgive my ignorance for I'm new, but I've got a question, and hopefully may the Diving Gods not look at me in shame.. lol

I will be getting a wetsuit soon, and I want to some what personalize it to fit my personality/style, so my question is "Can Wetsuits be Airbrushed with a Design, like on the upper sleeve(shoulder area) or forearm? or will this cause damage to the wetsuitl?" I would rather know going into it before hand than not knowing and doing and ruining a wetsuit. you know what I mean.

Thanks for and to all who respond

Not dumb atall! Many manufacturers put their designs on, and dive schools their logos. You have to find the right ink (certain thinners are no good for neoprene) that will stand the rigors of the water. But a custom t shirt silk screen shop should know and be able to advise. Surf shops may also point you in the right direction

Wetsuits are generally rubber (neoprene), parts of which could be covered various textiles. Manufacturers almost certainly print their textiles before applying it to the neoprene. If you wanted to do this "after market" then you'd have to double check that your paint didn't react chemically with any of the components of the wetsuit (especially the neoprene).

I would think if you get a thumbs up on that then you're good to go.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom