Middle Ear BaroTrauma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Last Weekend on my 1st OW dive I had some problems equalizing my ears on the way down. They finally equalized and I made it down 20 feet. When coming up I inflated my BC to come up....big mistake I came up like a bullet. Anyways, once I was up I didn't have any pain. Later that afternoon my ears were stuffed up. I went to see the Dr. two days after the dive and he said I bursted blood vessels in both ears prescribed Amoxicillin and told me to take Sudafed. Did my confined water dive Monday night I felt great ears actually felt better. Every morning I wake up to stuffy ears still but no pain. The stuffiness goes away after taking the Sudafed. I have my certification dive tommorow and I plan on diving after taking Sudafed. Any suggestions? :huh:

Well
I'm not a doc but my advise is - wait till ears heal really properly. Otherwise you may have some problems with ears - sooner or later. You should be checked by ENT that knows something about diving - because you should not be diving right now.
BTW when going up deflate your BC instead of inflating it
Mania

Yes, but you won't like the suggestions.

1) no diving
2) continue the antibiotic treatments until Dr says to stop
3) make certain your ears are AOK before you start diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom