Mid-range fin recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taliesin58

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, I am getting my scuba set together and all I am missing are my fins.
My set budget was $1000. So far, I have bought:
Mare X-vision Mask
Sherwood Avid BCD (2005 model)
Mare V16 Proton Metal Reg.
Dacor Viper Octopus
5mm custom wetsuit
Tusa Imprex blunt-tipped dive knife
Aeries Barracuda ultra-dry snorkle (which I will use for snorkeling as well)
Aeries Atmos 2 dive consule
Total= about $950

So, the only thing I am missing are fins. I am looking to spend around $50 (hence, in budget). What fins would you recommend? I am looking at Mares Plana Avanti X3 and the Aeris Velocity Fins. Opinions or other suggestiongs would be welcome.

FYI- I cannot try these at my LDS shop. I have yet to find a shop in a 200 km radius that has fins my size.

Those are both good fin choices. I don't think you will go wrong with either one of them.

Brent

You can also keep your eye out on Ebay for used fins like Jets which you can frequently find for $30+shipping.

I have used the Aeris Velocity for probably 125 dives over the past 3 years and do like them alot. I did a fair bit of research on SB and elsewhere and decided to get them based on their performance and the price is very reasonable for a fin which gets such good reviews.

Scubamax

kidspot:
You can also keep your eye out on Ebay for used fins like Jets.........

Something I will probably do this.

Hey buddy. You looking for jets too? I have them in the store now and your address programmed into my shipping calculator. :wink:
How are you liking the stuff I sent you?
Brent

wunat:
Something I will probably do this.

Pretty much all the DIR divers use jetfins (or turtles if the jets don't fit) because they are great for alternative kick styles such as the frogkick and backkick. The jetfin footpockets are not so great, but I still use them. You can usually get them used off ebay for under $50 shipped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom