Michigan Inland Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's some good quarries and shore diving in the U.P. if you want to make the drive. Please don't take this the wrong way (things can be read wrong here), but why aren't you interested in the Great Lakes? There are a couple of nice bays that give the impression of diving an inland lake.

We dive Spring Mill Pond and Union Lake every week. I don't know if they fall into what you are looking for but, we have fun at both.

Union Lake is usually a night dive at 9pm and Spring Mill we meet at 7pm. Shoot me a pm if you would like to join us. Union Lake is a pain with the boaters so, thats why we night dive there.

We dive Spring Mill Pond and Union Lake every week. I don't know if they fall into what you are looking for but, we have fun at both.

Union Lake is usually a night dive at 9pm and Spring Mill we meet at 7pm. Shoot me a pm if you would like to join us. Union Lake is a pain with the boaters so, thats why we night dive there.

I dove Union lake in Decemer once. perfect not a boat in sight.

I have a few inland lakes on my web site. Look under the North or South dive sites pages for Shore Diving sites.

Cold Water Diver's Scuba Page
Thanks Dude! Will do... then just got to find someone to dive them with lol!

Aslo, lot's of info there.. appreciate it!

I dove Maceday Lake yesterday afternoon. It was warm and murky above 30'; a little bit clearer and pluckin cold below! And there was very little to see. I wouldn't bother again.

I dove Maceday Lake yesterday afternoon. It was warm and murky above 30'; a little bit clearer and pluckin cold below! And there was very little to see. I wouldn't bother again.

That's a big lake - r u sure you found everything? The last thing I heard of that was added was a vetrinarian's anethesia machine. & then there's the lengendary suit of armour!

Paula

The last thing I heard of that was added was a vetrinarian's anethesia machine. & then there's the lengendary suit of armour!

Paula
I'm English remember; I've seen plenty of suits of armour without getting into sub-40 degree water! And I can't say the disappointment I'm feeling at missing the anesthesia machine will be enough to drag me back there. The fact that all that junk has been put in there emphasizes the fact that the lake itself is boring, no?

I'm English remember; I've seen plenty of suits of armour without getting into sub-40 degree water! And I can't say the disappointment I'm feeling at missing the anesthesia machine will be enough to drag me back there. The fact that all that junk has been put in there emphasizes the fact that the lake itself is boring, no?

The pictures of the machine are quite interesting. Friends of mine actually retrieved it from the lake to get a fellow buddy / physician to indentify it then replaced it. I still can't believe they did that! On a good note they put it back on a boat so it wouldn't sink into the mud bottom so quickly again.

As for it being a boring lake or not. It's local and a good place to get wet when the desire hits you. As for me? I gave up on it after one day of playing SCUBA frogger crossing the street fully geared up and then having to climb down the very steep hill to get to the lake. NOT my thang!

Paula

Well Jerry I am having similiar issues in my area... However I am still in search. Have located one within a 20 min drive from me. Otter Lake, but would like to find more than that.

Hi Merrimorte. I'm looking for inland lakes in Michigan to dive. Did you find Otter Lake to be fun? I'd love to hear anything about it you are willing to share.

Thanks!

Wayne
Lapeer

there are a few near Jackson...lime lake, & silver lake in Pinckney I have not been to either I am new & hope to hit them this summer any Michiganders looking for a dive partner I give me a shout I live near Pinckney..

Back
Top Bottom