Michigan diver says "HI"!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been a member to the boards for a while, but I have only been lurking and reading a few posts here and there as I am no writer. I feel however, that its time to say "HI" and start a thread looking for fellow divers for a trip I have coming up.
I've been an on and off diver since 1991. I'm an advanced diver with rescue and a fistful of other PADI cards. I also have a Master Scuba Diver plaque on the wall somewhere.
Recently I have been assisting the local dive instructor while training for my Divemaster cert. I'd love to take it to the next level, however in my neck of the woods there is no longer a LDS having closed its doors due to the economy and the proliferation of online sales.
My favorite type of diving would have to be either ice diving or wreck diving. 99% of my diving has taken place in cold fresh water. My second and most memorable saltwater trip was to dive the Oriskany. That was one of my favorite wreck dives. Though my favorite would be located in the Great Lakes where I've been on dozens more.
This is an excellent site with some very knowledgeable patrons. Thank you,

Don

Works for me. Last Saturday I was in Superior and the water was still 40 degrees. The 10 degree air and wind made for an uncomfortable walk back to the (cold) car, but beats working!

Where in Michigan are you?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

A touch, I hunt up in munising, sled there in January, and dive there in the summer.

Munising is a great place for ice climbing too. How do you dive there? Does Pete still take divers out? Except for ice diving I haven't been there in a while.

The Bermuda in February. Touching the ice and the wreck simultaneously.

1.jpg

Yes, captain Pete.

Have you done any diving in the Straights or Whitefish? I plan to get back there next summer. Highly recommend both of those preserves, though its tougher to get a charter in Whitefish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom