Miami wreck diving Ops looking for recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caruso

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi can anyone recommend a dive charter that does trips to wrecks within recreational limits off Miami? Preferably one that does 3 tank trips or afternoon dives as well as morning trips.

Looks like a long weekend opened up for me next month and I'd like to check Miami wreck diving.

Thanks

Pompano Dive Center
South Florida Diving Headquarters
DecoDivers.

There are many more, but I only mention what I have actually worked with,

Pompano Dive Center
South Florida Diving Headquarters
DecoDivers.

The first two are north of Fort Lauderdale, looking to dive off Miami. The third one I've heard of and I'm going to call them but they're closed Monday..

Thanks

I know you stated Miami, but in case you find few hits on your searches is because diving off Miami is mediocre so there are few Dive Charters. I think Deco is one of the few or maybe only one that is out of that marina in Miami Beach, Depending of where you are staying it may be worth your while to try Ft Lauderdale. While the wrecks there are nothing to what you've seen at WPB ot Jupiter it will be a bit better than Miami. American Dream dive charters is a nice small operation with a large newton boat. Its usually half empty during the week and is very roomy and comfortable.

@PoolsOpen

Thanks, I have dived in FLL with American Dream, and just did Boynton and West Palm last week, missed out on Jupiter due to a blowout, that's still on my radar. I have dived every wreck within 130' from Key Largo thru Key West except for the Thunderbolt in Marathon, had that one scheduled but got blown out on a prior trip.

I was looking for something different and it seems like there are good wrecks off Miami but the Ops I called don't seem to go there much if at all.

I'll be blunt; last I checked there were a grand total of two dive charters in Miami-Dade County - Tarpoon Lagoon in Miami Beach and Diver's Paradise on Key Biscayne. I'm not exactly sure why that is; we have wrecks although some of the best stuff like Tenneco Towers is up by the Dade-Broward line and probably just as easy to reach from Fort Lauderdale.

I've only dove with Tarpoon Lagoon (or rather, back when the boat was running as RJ's Diving Ventures before it got acquired by the shop) and I think my last trip was back in 2006. Around that time I started diving West Palm and felt the superior big-ticket marine life was well worth the long drive.

@HalcyonDaze thanks I haven't found much with the few dive Ops in Miami so I booked dives in Pompano one of which is a 3 tank trip to the Towers with Pompano dive center. Also doing wrecks with SFDHQ.still have a couple of blocks to fill so I'm going to contact Scubatyme who I understand operates out of the same marina as the other two.

Pompano is a good operation, I've dove off their boat a few times. Because they have so many tech divers they are pretty hands off, letting you dive the way you want but, if you need or want they do have DMs that will guide you around.

Tenneco towers is a great dive. Did it out of FFL. Short boat ride (by NC standards)

I don’t remember the dive op. Name but someone from Miami was advertising trips on Groupon. I’ll see if it’s still listed

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom