Miami Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rivers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be in Miami next Friday (April 18th) for the day. My flight lands at 11:20 in the morning and I'm just wondering if there is any good diving that can be had? Also, does anyone want to go for a dive? I'm nearing the 400 dive mark, dive weekly here in the UK, and just want to get wet and go for a fairly easy bimble. I'll have most of my own kit, sans tank and weights, so I'll need to be able to hire them from somewhere.
Cheers

That's a tough time to arrive as most afternoon boats are departing around 1pm or so and traffic from the MIA to almost anywhere will be a pain.
I don't dive Miami much, but try RJ Diving and see if they have a trip going on.

Most of my diving is in Pompano and Ft. Lauderdale which are probably too far if you're arriving that late for making any of the boats there.

Alternatively, you could drive and shore dive Dania Beach. Rent tanks, a flag and weights at Coastal Marine Diving supplies. They also have a charter boat, but I have never been on it so I can't really give you a recommendation but it may be worth a shot.

When are you flying out? There may be some boats doing night dives too.

This is a fairly long drive (1.5 hr) but I know that the boat Kyalami is doing a night dive in Jupiter, FL on the 18th. I won't be going but it is an option.

Thanks for the info. I don't fly out until the beginning of May, but will be visiting my other half, who is working on ships at the moment. I don't board the ship until Saturday. Might look into doing a shore dive then.

i don't dive in Miami much but when i do i use RJ Diving !

Thanks for the info. I don't fly out until the beginning of May, but will be visiting my other half, who is working on ships at the moment. I don't board the ship until Saturday. Might look into doing a shore dive then.

You're best bet would be either a Friday night dive or a Saturday morning dive then boarding the ship in the afternoon.

me and some friends usually do beach dives in Hollywood and Miami i have tanks and some wights you can probably use i also have a small boat ill see what we doing coming up that week and you can come with us if you in this area

Hi Rivers,

Great to hear that you are visiting warm water & tropics :). It would be fun to connect. Just sent a PM with details.

Kathy

Been PMing kathydee, so hopefully can get something organised

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom